Using the IT Professional Standards , the tool helps to benchmark the skill levels and to create an IT Professional Profile. Once the profile is create it allows to share the online profile or find high quality online learning to develop a career.
Based on its research CEPIS puts forward the following conclusions and key recommendations:
1. The young talent that Europe needs is lacking – promoting the IT profession among young people is essential.
2. Continuous Professional Development needs to play a greater role and should be targeted to existing and anticipated e-competence gaps.
3. Career paths with defined training and education requirements are needed.
4. All countries urgently need to address the gender imbalance
5. The e-CF should be applied as a pan-European reference tool to categorise competences and identify competence gaps.