To unlock the potential of e-Skills to fuel growth and jobs, key players involved in the European e-Skills Week 2012 are committed to the essential principles contained in the ‘e-Skills Manifesto’ and summarised below:
– Commit to be more competitive through investment in ICT and ICT skills.
– Address youth unemployment in Europe through e-Skills.
– Foster IT leadership.
– Commitment to life-long education and training.
– Invest in innovation.
– European leadership of global standards
– Commitment to cooperation
– Commitment to solidarity in a Digital Europe
– Prioritize e-Skills policy and scale-up implementation.
The guiding principles herewith are designed to chart a path which partners in the European e-Skills Week 2012 are poised to tread. Our commitment will secure jobs, enhance competitiveness of European business, and ensure that all Europeans enjoy the benefits of the Information Society.
The European e-Skills 2011 Conference will be a kick-off for the preparation of the European e-Skills Week, which will be held on 26-30 March 2012. As an initiative of the European Commission, DG Enterprise and Industry, the European e-Skills Week Conference will feature the presentation of the roadmap for the European e-Skills Week campaign in 2012, together with presentations from industry leaders, policy makers and key note speakers from universities and an overview of different national activities.
The conference is organised by the European Commission Directorate-General Enterprise and Industry, in partnership with DIGITALEUROPE, EUN Schoolnet and other leading stakeholders.