To unlock the potential of e-Skills to fuel growth and jobs, key players involved in the European e-Skills Week 2012 are committed to the essential principles contained in the ‘e-Skills Manifesto
’ and summarised below:
– Commit to be more competitive through investment in ICT and ICT skills.
– Address youth unemployment in Europe through e-Skills.
– Foster IT leadership.
– Commitment to life-long education and training.
– Invest in innovation.
– European leadership of global standards
– Commitment to cooperation
– Commitment to solidarity in a Digital Europe
– Prioritize e-Skills policy and scale-up implementation.
The guiding principles herewith are designed to chart a path which partners in the European e-Skills Week 2012 are poised to tread. Our commitment will secure jobs, enhance competitiveness of European business, and ensure that all Europeans enjoy the benefits of the Information Society.