Why AAL is more important today than ever? Can I do business out of AAL? Where can I find qualified people to work on AAL? How can I train my employees on AAL? If you want to get answers to these questions, join the micro-conference « How AAL boosts employment – a European view« , which will take place on 6 December 2013 at 14h30 at the Silver Economy EXPO 2013, Paris, France.
The hour of coding is coming! Every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science. This will stimulated creativity from a young age and bring people to jobs.
Our policy is literally to hire as many talented engineers as we can find. The hole limiting the system is just that there just aren’t enough people who are trained and have these skills today. (Mark Zuekenberg, Founder Facebook)
Whether you are planning to make a lot of money or change the world, computer programming is incredible empowering skill to learn. (Hadi, Founder Code.org)
The programmers of tommorrow are the wizards of the future. You are gonna look you have magic powers compared to everybody else. It’s the closest thing we have to superpower. (Drew Houston, Founder Dropbox)
Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer because it teaches you how to think. (Steve Jobs, The lost interview)
The GRIN-CH final Workshop took place on 29 October in Lausanne, Switzerland. Would you like to know what topics where discussed? Then have a look at the presentations:
- « The economic importance of Sustainable ICT in Switzerland and in Europe », Dr. Babak Falsafi, Prof. EPFL
- « Strategic opportunities/potentials of Sustainable ICT for SMEs in CH and in EU », Ms Susanne Sinclair, CEO Morgaja Ltd
- « How Sustainable ICT Consulting works: Case studies and success stories in Green-IT consulting », Christian Marchand, ICT Consult
- « Sustainable ICT as a driver for new jobs – in CH and in EU », Frédéric Bordage, Founder of GreenIT.Fr, Green ICT expert
- « Presentation of a new Sustainable PC », Ms Tu Wuest, Vice-President Why Ltd
- « Training for job roles in the field of Sustainable ICT », Prof. Jean Hennebert, HES Fribourg
- « Competence needs for Sustainable ICT jobs in Europe: Results of GRIN-CH », Dr. Adriana Baer, Project Coordinator
Press Release (FR)